This Corn Soup with quail eggs is a Chinese-inspired corn soup. Made of fresh corn, celery, sauteed in garlic and onion, chicken stock or broth, beaten egg, and quail eggs. Easy corn soup recipe that is so flavourful, rich and silky. A perfect soup for lunch or weeknights!
Corn soup has many variations, like sweet corn soup and corn chowder or corn stew can be found in American or Canadian cuisines.
This corn soup with quail eggs is similar to my crab and corn soup and corn egg drop soup that typically serves in Chinese Restaurants. It’s fast to put together and ready in under 30 minutes!
How to make Corn Soup with Quail Eggs
If using corn in a cob, remove the husk and silk. Trim the top end. Place the trimmed end of the corn cob on the inverted smaller bowl inside the large bowl or use a baking tray to contain the kernel corn. Hold the stem end of corn cob, use a sharp knife, then cut downward, as close to the base.
For the cream-style corn, scrape it with a serrated knife. Save the cob to boil with the soup for a flavourful corn soup.
You can use whole kernel corn in can and drain the water, however cream-style corn is more ideal for a more creamy and flavourful corn soup.
Corn Soup with Quail Eggs
Watch How to Make It
- 200 g quail eggs can of 430ml drained
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 corn cobs or 1 can cream-style corn and 1 can kernel corn
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water sub with no salt or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives or green onion Chopped
- Remove the husk and silk. Trim the top end. Place the trimmed end of the corn cob on the inverted smaller bowl inside the large bowl. Hold the stem end of corn cob, use a sharp knife, then cut downward, as close to the base.
- For the cream-style corn, scrape it with a serrated knife.Note: save the corn cobs for boiling. This will add more flavour to this corn soup recipe.
- In a saucepot heat oil and melt butter on medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic and celery until soft, then add corn, bouillon cube, water and corn cobs cut into half. Cover and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.