This Sizzling Seafood is a delicious sizzler dish that can be ready in under 30 minutes!
Made of stir-fry mixed seafood and vegetables served on a hot sizzling plate with the flavourful stir-fry sauce.
Because the sauce is so flavourful, it also goes well with plain white rice or tossed with noodles are other great options.
Sizzling Seafood Ingredients and Variations
Seafood- Shrimp, bay scallops, squid rings, or you can add and swap the bay scallops if not available with mussels, clams and fish fillet cut into cubes. Frozen mixed seafood in a package is also a good option.
Vegetables– onion and bell peppers to add flavour and brightness to this dish.
Garlic- base flavour
For the Stir Fry Sauce
Oyster sauce and fish sauce– for the umami seafood taste.
Ginger– adds flavour and neutralizes the fishy smell or taste.
Cornstarch– to thicken the sauce
Sugar– to balance the flavour
Optional add-ins– White wine or Shaoxing wine. Hot peppers or red chilli flakes for a spicy version
How to make Sizzling Seafood
Start by preheating the sizzling plate or “sizzler”.
Prepare the stir fry sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Prepare the seafood and vegetables.
On medium-high heat, drizzle the wok with vegetable oil.
Saute onion and garlic until tender and fragrant. Add the seafood and cook for a minute or two, then add the bell peppers. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add half of the oyster sauce mixture. Stir fry for another minute.
The cooking time may vary. It depends on the size of the seafood and cut. Keep in mind it will continue cooking when transferred to a sizzler.
Transfer on a hot sizzler. Immediately pour the rest of the oyster sauce mixture. Serve with rice.
More “Sizzler” Sizzling Recipes
Sizzling Seafood in Oyster Sauce
Watch How to Make It
- 100 g Shrimp
- 100 g Bay scallops
- 100 g Squid rings big pieces cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ onion sliced
- ½ Green bell pepper sliced
- ½ Red or orange bell pepper sliced
Oyster sauce mixture
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp Ginger grated
- ½ tsp Fish sauce or to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In a small bowl, add all the oyster sauce mixture ingredients. Mix until well-blended and set aside.
- On medium-high heat, drizzle the wok with vegetable oil. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the seafood and cook for 2 minutes, then add the bell peppers. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add half of the oyster sauce mixture. Stir fry another minute.
- Transfer on a hot sizzling plate. Immediately pour the rest of the oyster sauce mixture. Serve with rice.
Optional add-ins: mussels, clams, fish fillet (cubed) The cooking time may vary. It depends on the size of the seafood and cut. Keep in mind it will continue cooking when transferred to sizzler or hot sizzling plate.